This Past august I undertook the task of replacing the carpet in the main living areas. The carpet that was installed when we moved into the house was very cheap and showed every bit or dirt almost immediately as a stain. No matter how many times and how thuroughly I would deep clean it, it would just show right back up. Below are some before shots of the install:

 

20120804-140326.jpg

20120804-140347.jpg

20120804-140414.jpg

20120804-140431.jpg

20120804-140445.jpg

I had already redone the kitchen and front entryway at this point, so there will still be a transition between the areas.

SInce we are still living in the house, I thought it best to do sections of flooring as they became accessible, so on with the dirty process…

20120804-140512.jpg

The first piece…. of course it had to be cut to fit into the hallway doors. That also meant all of the starter row had to be trimmed along the long side…. well, that’s why I have a band saw. (Shout Out to Laguna Tools and their pro force blade (that I bought) sure made this job a lot easier)

20120804-140523.jpg

i didn’t do too bad trimming around Casing….

20120804-140542.jpg

Flooring while listening to WoodTalk during the live broadcast…

20120804-140606.jpg

You just have to move stuff as you go….

20120804-140631.jpg

The dog was not too happy about her carpet going away….

20120804-140645.jpg

20120804-140712.jpg

figured out that this type of flooring worked best to be tilted in as all one long strip…

20120804-140724.jpg

20120804-140753.jpg

20120804-140809.jpg

20120804-140824.jpg

One big note, when pulling nails out of baseboard, pull them through, don’t back them out, that will cause more damage to the face of the board…

20120804-140836.jpg

 

Here was a side project for wiring in the remote location for the TV Projector, and providing outlets for the surround sound…

20120804-140947.jpg

20120804-141022.jpg

I made the new holes for the boxes behind the entertainment center at the front of the room and one behind the couch at the back of the room…

20120804-141037.jpg

I just made custom connections using a blank aluminum cover and connectors that I bought from radio shack. Both of the plates cost me less than $12, and most of that was an 8 pole stereo connector block that I cut in half for two units. I did buy an extra long s-Video cable, but the stereo and composite video connections are linked together through the crawl space with stereo cable and soldered at the ends.

20120804-141050.jpg

20120804-141102.jpg

20120804-141117.jpg

20120804-141131.jpg

Advertisements

About dozersworkshop

Just little ol' me...if you need to know more, I'll tell you if you ask.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s